Langston University, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), provides free assistance to women in 44 counties in the State of Oklahoma. This assistance is designed to help alleviate the financial problems confronting them.
The mission of the Technical Assistance Project is “To provide outreach services that equip underserved farmers, ranchers, and rural communities with necessary resources to improve their quality of life.”
The Strategic goals are
• To improve farm income of underserved borrowers and other customers.
• To improve underserved farmers’ understanding of and access to USDA programs.
• To develop educational opportunities and services.
• To protect and improve the natural resource base for underserved farmers and ranchers.
• To foster leadership, organization, and problem-solving among underserved farmers, ranchers, and other rural residents.
(The poster will highlight pictures and stories about women who have used Langston University’s services and their successful outcomes.)
|Conference||2010 National Women in Agriculture Educators Conference|